Click on the bus or below and it will take you to the page to buy tickets. $13 a day per kid thanks to some help from a few donors. You can't get rid of your kids for $13 a day anywhere else. Get to the bus pick-up by 7 the first week for sure!
Log into your account and get this done by Wednesday night for Week 1. It is easier than buying a blender on Amazon for Christmas.
The Wooster bus pick-up location is at Corbett Elementary School, 1901 Villanova Dr. It is across the street from the Wooster High School Baseball fields. We moved the pick-up spot north so we didn't have to worry about someone opening a gate. If you are coming from the north side of town, turn right on the first street after the off-ramp. There is another ski program going on there also. Please get on the correct bus. If not, you will end up at Tahoe Donner in Truckee!
Reed is easy to find.
Bus Kids Instructions for Mom or Dad
What you need to know is first off if Sky Tavern is open on that Saturday or Sunday. This is the GO/NO-GO message. The message can also be found in your email, on the front page of the website, skytavern.org or by calling the office phone at 775 323 5125. We try to make the Go or No-Go call by 6:30 am each planned opening day. I have made the wrong call more than once but it is almost always based on weather. If we call No-Go then we try to make up that day later in the season. If we say No-Go on Saturday, Sunday may still be a Go.
The buses pick up and drop off at two locations, Wooster and Reed High Schools. The Wooster stop has been moved a few hundred feet to the elementary school right behind the Wooster ball fields. Roger Corbett, 1901 Villanova Dr.
To ride the bus:
- A child must be registered as a bus kid with that badge unless a child of the bus supervisor.( If you don't have the badge yet it can be picked up at the front desk of the lodge. The kids can still get on the bus until they pick it up.)
- To be registered as a bus kid they must be 9 years or older.
- Their skis and snowboards must be in a bag to protect the bus from cuts. If you don't have one yet we have some to borrow for the season. Ask the front desk Moms.
- They must be on the roster for that day by having purchased a ticket for the bus for that day and location.
- Be nice. This is a privilege, not a right. Being nice to the driver and bus supervisors can go a long way in life, please. The bus driver is a WCSD bus driver during the week doing a second shift for your kids. The bus supervisor is your neighbor.
- Be ready at the pick-up location at the right time. We start the first week by saying 7 am. The bus supervisors and drivers may change it once everyone gets the system down. Watch the emails, please!
- Kids get back on the bus at 2:30 is the plan. The idea is to have them back at the school no later than 4. Please pick up your child. Please.
Bus tickets. We started this system of buying each ride individually as opposed to buying all of the rides upfront for a few reasons.
- We needed to keep buses full. A bus with 10 kids in it costs the same as a full bus for Sky Tavern. Sky Tavern was close to closing because of bus costs not that long ago. Can't do that.
- Keeping buses full is good for winter. Sky Tavern needs to do its part on climate change. We like winter.
- Kids need to change days and locations. Baseball, soccer and music seemed to change kids' schedules a lot.
- Some kids wanted to come both days every weekend. The old system just didn't let that happen.
- If you miss some days, you save.
Click on the bus above to buy tickets. Please do it by Wednesday night. We really have to order buses for the weekend by Thursday morning. This is a big deal.
Helmets are required on all skiers and riders. We have a few for purchase and a very few loaners. Bobos has some. No, your budding Olympian does not need a $200 helmet with headphones built-in.
We are going to do this. Here comes 2022.
Our alumni, David Wise, made the 2022 US Olympic Team over the weekend. Just wanted to point that out.